1.) Create a Google account. If you are already have a gmail account, then you already have a Google account. If you don’t, you can sign up for one for free.
- A Google account allows you to use all of Google’s services, including Google AdSense. You can do this through Google.
- You will use your Google account to log in to Google AdSense after you have an account
2.) Own your website or blog for some time before applying. Google will look more favorably on your site if you’ve owned it for six months before you try to get Google Adsense.
- It’s not impossible to get approval for sites that you’ve owned a shorter time, but it does increase your chances if you’ve owned the site longer.
- If you live in some countries, like China or India, you may be required to meet 6 months of ownership
3.) Own a site that contains original content. You must have access to edit HTML source code of the web pages you’re seeking ads for. You won’t be able to use Google AdSense if submitting an account you don’t own and if you don’t have access to that function.
- If you don’t already have a blog or website that allows you to edit HTML source code, you could set up a new blog through the Google service, Blogger. You will be able to display Google ads without copying or pasting HTML code on this site. It’s fast and free to sign up for a Blogger account. You don’t need a blogger site if you have a website or other blog that allows you to edit HTML source code.
- Once you’ve created a site on Blogger, you will need to enable AdSense on your blog.
- To use Google Adsense on You Tube, apply for the You Tube Partner Program or follow instructions displayed on You Tube for applying to AdSense.
4.) Sign up for Google Adsense. First, go to https://www.google.com/adsense/start/. You will be asked what type of advertiser you are.
- You can submit an application to Google AdSense online. Select the type of advertiser that describes you best, such as new, experienced, etc. Click on “get started.”
- You can use Google AdSense even if your site already displays Google ads. But publishers can only have one account under each name.
- You will be asked to pick the ad types and formats that you want on your site. If you choose more options, you will have more chances to make money. Ad types that are available include display ads, text-only ads or ads that are a mixture.
5.) Provide key information to Google AdSense. You must provide your phone number and the postal address of your bank. This is necessary for you to get paid.
- You will be asked to provide a full address for your bank account, including the zip code. You will be asked to provide your website URL and to choose the language you want the ads in.
- Customize your ads. You can change how your ads look and how they feel, and you can also choose where you want them to show up on your site. You can use automatic targeting to make sure that the ads which appear are relevant to the users of your site.
6.) Follow the rules if you want approval. AdSense only allows people who are at least 18 years or older to have an account.
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian can submit an application through their own Google account. If they are approved, the payments will go to the parent’s account.
- The system will flag sites that are negative, non-family safe or could be considered offensive. Examples of prohibited content include hacking, drugs, alcohol, copyrighted materials, weapons, and content condoning illegal activity.