Friends, today we are going to learn how to earn money from youtube channel through monetization with adsense and other ways to earn money.
So, friends, here is the step-by-step full tutorial for earning money from a youtube channel.
1. Create Youtube Channel
You can start your youtube channel just by logging through your gmail account but that solely, will not give you any money. To make money, you must follow all the steps described under the heading how to earn money from youtube (below).
- To start, open youtube.com with your Gmail account.
- Click on the bar beside the Youtube logo on the left corner.
- Click on My Channels from the drop down menu (as shown in the image above)
- A box with heading ‘Set up your channel on YouTube’ will appear, with your name highlighted.
- Update channel with your personal information.
For more details, learn how to cretae a youtube channel in 3 easy steps.
Now, you must find a niche and start producing video content.
Your channel should resonate with your passion. That means you must choose a niche that is closer to your heart and you have always wanted to do something related to this niche.
2. Find A Niche For YouTube
When I am saying that you can earn money on youtube by anything that you love to do, I am serious. There are a hell lot of other methods to earn money online and youtube is one of the most promising ways.
Earn extra cash by teaching on youtube
We are living in the knowledge era. Now no one waits for any confusion to be solved by a professional teacher. All you have to do is to google your inquiry. There are a lot of text, images and videos available to you within a second.
If you have a passion for teaching and you think you can add value to anyone’s life then you can become famous on youtube easily. You can do this part time as well to earn money online. Teach people about competitive exams like Board papers, Graduation exams, Bank exams, IIT, or any such professional or curriculum courses. Watch Banking Careers for reference.
If they can do, why cannot you?
Earn money on youtube by interviewing people
Do you love to meet famous people and ask questions about their life? Questions you put in front of your friends, bring the most curious things out of them? Or do you love interacting with famous people or people who are doing great in their lives?
Do you have a friend (or you can hire an employee) who can shoot your video when you are interviewing someone? If a yes is popping out of you, then making a youtube channel for interviewing is for you. You can earn a living through your channel.
What is that one thing that people around you never tired praising about you?
- Think, and come up with a niche for making video content.
- Do your initial research whether you can make money from this niche or not. Find people who are already doing something related to your niche. Ask them for guidance.
- Check whether your niche fall into this equation,
Your Interest + Your Knowledge + Audience Availability + Scope of scalability.
If your niche fits into this equation, start a youtube channel now.
In short, you can review videos, record your life and inspire others, record your thoughts and motivate people, record reaction/stimulation of human or animals, make instructional (teaching) videos, perform in one way or another (dance, speech, body language), make song cover videos, almost anything you can do to monetize your talent.
3. Develop Content Strategy For Youtube Videos
Why is a video considered awesome?
Definition for an awesome video is changed now. If a video goes viral, it is awesome. This is the simplest ever definition one can suggest in this era of virality but if you have a plan to earn through Youtube, learn this definition by heart.
What? How a video goes ‘Viral’ then!
No expert says that Virality has a definition. And indeed it can’t have a constant definition because the definition is changing every day. But the vital fact is this,
“Content is king of the viral kingdom. A good content always rules.”
An awesome video can be made viral if it is sharable:
How To Create A Sharable Video?
With my content for Paperpal (Remeber?), I will make a good quality video either by hiring a professional cameraman or shooting with a person who has experience of recording awesome videos.
Although you can shoot your video without any professional help but you must consider these necessary ingredients of a good video.
- Triggers: Think, why you click to watch a video? Triggers are the hooks which convince you on the first hand to click to play a video. Your video must have triggers to inspire your audience to watch it. A better heading, an awesome meta description and a good thumbnail image can trigger the viewer.
- Emotion: Emotions are game changers. Yes, mind it! When I am angry with my girlfriend and I decide hard in my heart that I will break up with her, she makes her face in a way which I admire a lot. Her cuteness kills my anger and… you know the next step. A video having strong emotion like excitement, anger, love, etc. are highly shareable.
- Public Authority: Registration in gyms increased suddenly when Aamir Khan’s Ghajini was in the hall and who doesn’t remember the long queue at barber’s shop for the Ghajini hairstyle. When people watch any authority doing something in the video, they imitate it. This is a psychologically proven human nature. So if you are using Trigger and Emotion carefully, you may not need a celebrity to make your video awesome. We have a lot many examples of the ads that are immensely popular without a celebrity in it (AIB & TVF become popular first then they started involving celebrities into their videos).
- Story: We often forget a conversation or ‘who was telling me this’, but we do remember the stories told in the conversation. Stories are catchy. Stories are highly inspiring, so they are shareable. Create a connecting story into your video. Arvind Gupta, an IITK graduate from 1970s and a popular educationist, when started teaching science through toys made of scrap; he innovated a new idea to teach the kids. He created stories behind every toy he made. And it was a hit. We learn and get inspired by stories very quickly, and if you can motivate your audience to share your video, you always get a thumbs up.
Once you have created a video keeping these points in mind, you have made a high value video. Here comes the second step where you will increase the pace of popularity of your content, we call it Promotion.
4. Link Your Youtube Channel With Adsense
Until this point, I have given you all bows and arrows to conquer the youtube virality. I have also covered the methods through which Youtubers earn money. Here I will describe how you can link Adsense with your youtube channel.
- Login into YouTube.com and click on My Channel as described earlier.
- Click on Video Manager just below the search box on top, as shown in the figure.
- A navigation menu will appear on the left side. Click on CHANNEL.
- Click on the Enable in front of Monetization, as shown in the figure.
- Click in the boxes after reading their terms and condition as shown in the figure and click on I accept, then got it.
- Monetization will be added under Channel heading and your YouTube partnership program will be activated.
- Now click on this Monetisation option. When a window on right will appear with Monetisation as heading, click on ‘how will I be paid?’ as shown in the figure and click on ‘associate an AdSense account’.
- Click on Next below (You can read about AdSense in right).
- A window as shown in the figure will appear. You can either sign in with your existing Gmail account or can create a new one (If you are a novice, click on sign in).
- Fill in all your information and click on Continue. (Sometimes it may ask for your password).
- Fill in the details in the specified boxes and click on Submit My Application.
- You will be asked to verify your mobile number. Choose option at your ease.
- Congratulation, Your AdSense Application has been submitted.
For approval waiting time and AdSense linking to the youtube account we have many options and google is not strictly stuck to any one single procedure, still they have a procedure which is improving continuously. Through the links in this paragraph, you will be updated with any change made by google.
In this world of versatility, we can earn even without being a partner with YouTube.
Quick Pick: You may love to read how to make money on Instagram.
5. Use Best Tools For Videos
If I ask you, how will you make a video? The first name which will pop up in your mind will be Mobile. Mobile (means smartphone here) is indeed the best option during your initial days when you are not earning money and all you have is your savings.
There is no doubt that you can record a good video from your mobile phone, but if you want to record a good quality video, you must buy a webcam. And gradually you should hire a professional video maker.
There are free tools which every Youtuber must use.
Google Keyword Planner
A keyword planner helps you to choose those keywords as hook, which people who are searching for on search engine, will come to your video following their search. You must choose the keyword (most of the times title of your video) wisely to get organic audiences.
While recording your video, you have to speak a lot and anything spoken wrong will lead to further editing or if left, it can send a bad impression to your audiences. With evernote you can note all the main points you have to speak with a slight detail. And your data can be accessed from any device, at any place if you have an internet connection.
Text to Speech app
Sometimes only watching videos are not sufficient for your audiences to get what you speaking into it. In that case you will have to type your speech word by word. Or you have to invest some money to hire a person who will do this for you. But by TTS, all you have to do is play your video and put the microphone of your mobile near the speaker and putting on the TTS on your phone. This will convert all your voice into text (yes with some error but still a much large part will be covered). Just edit it once and your subtitles are ready.
Picture editing tool
(PicMonkey, Canva, Pablo of Buffer): Every video contains some images to make the people understand more clearly but every pic that you take is not necessarily perfect. With these few pic editing tools you can make your pic more engaging.
Social media campaign
(Buffer): Buffer is a social sharing and scheduling application. Once you are ready with your video, share it on and on, on every social media channel (as we have discussed initially). To do this, you are not always available. So you just schedule all your social media campaigns in one sitting on Buffer all for a whole week. Now if you do not get time, or you were busy somewhere, then also your campaign is running in full pace, uninterrupted.
Adding annotations or cards to your videos is made easy with this browser based tool. The thing that most attracts me towards this tool is, the search function. As we can Find and Replace a particular phrase on word processor, so can be done into a video with this tool.
(Socialblades- free, Vidooly- paid): Analysis is necessary for any campaign to be successful. These tools will help in optimizing the youtube traffic and to know exactly, where the campaign is hitting and where is it loosing . Yes it can tell you what time is best to tweet or do a facebook post or schedule a post on any other social platform which will tell people that you exist and they will come to your channel, following your that post back.
Apart from these tool, there are many tools in competition with them and few other types of tools which can help you in improving your channel content and viewership. I read a medium post on 28 tools for youtubers and it is worth reading.
Promotion of a video starts with your content idea itself. People have a tendency to share their innovation with their loved ones and the loved ones to their loved ones. Saying that when you start making a video, people around you become curious about the completion of your project.
These people are your initial viewers. Start promotion with expanding this thought to your marketing strategy and thus it will be your first step:
- Social Currency: It’s an old African saying that “It takes a whole village to raise a child”. To make your video go famous, it must be liked and shared by your social circle. This is your Social Currency, which will multiply at the latter stage. To earn social currency, share, what you have created, with all the people you know. Engage them by sending e-mails, tweets, Facebook shares, LinkedIn and every source you are using now.
- Time to expand: Use as much video platforms as you can. Go find your audience on Dailymotion, Vimeo and Flicker. Use these platforms too, to get shared. This will strengthen your channel’s popularity, and if you drop your channel link with your video, people will come tied with that link to your youtube channel. (It has one more benefit. If you will put your youtube channel’s link on other platforms, it will be a Dofollow link. This Dofollow link will increase your channel’s PA and it will rank better in search result).
- Social Appearance: Let people on the internet know that you are doing something. Increase your social presence. Explore your idea everywhere into the social platforms, and expand your presence to different platforms you are not using like Google+, Reddit, Myspace and Quora.
- SEO: Focus on SEO strategies and let your channel get listed on top of every search related to your niche. Although nowadays people have different opinions for SEO, but this is a thing that does not deserve to be get ignored. If you can afford time and strategies, you must go for SEO optimization of Youtube Channel.
Here is what Brian Dean (The SEO guru on planet) has to say about Youtube SEO.
- Mutual Collaboration: ‘You refer my content, and I will do the same for you’. Once you have few viewership, from the above steps, ask channel within your niche (but not your direct competitor) to advertise for your channel, or you collaborate with them to get visibility to their audience. This way you will accumulate their audience, and you can also do this for them (or you can support them in some other way. Do not worry, they will ask your support when they will need it. It is completely a “Give and Take” relation).
- Paid Advertisement: You can use the paid promotion system of Facebook, Twitter or youtube to promote your channel on social media. You can also opt for paid youtube promotions, called youtube as campaign. But it is not advisable to go for paid services into your initial days. Once your incoming viewership gets saturated through all the previous steps, then you must go for paid campaign.
7. Monetizing Youtube Videos
The famous way to make money from youtube is through advertising. Advertising has been present since youtube was born and is still playing a major role for youtubers to make money. Here is a quick overview.
Ideally, there are five ways which have proven, with time, to be the best methods to earn money on youtube.
- Advertising: (Obviously CPM, I have included it here to show you all at one place) Youtube ad revenue sharing is the highest opt method for earning money on youtube. You can link your youtube channel and enable Adsense ads on your videos. Now for every view on your channel, you will get 55% of the ad revenue. Youtube keeps the other 45%. On an average you make $1 to $2 for 1000 views on your video.
- Affiliate Marketing: Giant marketing agencies are not completely dependent on their own channel of content distribution. They pay a good amount to the channels who already have a fan base. This can be done in simple steps. Approach any affiliate marketing agency in your niche, show them your audience and when they agree, link one of their products into your video description. The marketing agency will pay you a decent cut from every conversion. This amount can be anything from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1000 for every conversion through your link.
- Direct Promotion: Widely used as sponsorship. The advertising company pays you a fixed amount for their collaboration with your youtube channel. You can call it another form of affiliate marketing with a slight difference. Here you will have to show a description of their products into your video. In exchange , they will pay you certain amount which can vary from Rs.5,000 to any amount you are able to charge depending on your popularity.
- Paid Videos: Paid youtube videos are emerging as a unique and high gross source of income. Here you give highly valuable information to your audience by charging them with a price tag on the video. This way, you do not have to share any revenue with anyone i.e. all that you make is yours.
- Crowdsourcing: Like Wikipedia, there are many non-profit websites which give every information for free and they do not put any ad to earn revenue. But to keep the website working, they need money. So they ask their audiences to donate money for their expenses. Like that, you can also give free information to anyone and ask them for a favor. Believe me, people donate a huge amount to these channels.
Incoming search terms:-
- earn money with youtube
- connecy toutube channel with adsense account
- youtube SEO
- best way to earn money from youtube
- earn money from youtube
- possible ways to earn money from youtube
- youtube seo for increase youtube video views
- connect your youtube channel with asense account
- best way to earn from youtub by connecting to adsense
- monetise youtube video with adsense
- how to enable monetisation on youtube
- connect youtube channel with adsense for youtube channel monetization
- youtube channel SEO or increase video views