The Central Board of Secondary Education, or CBSE, will declare Class 12 result 2017 today morning.
Here are 7 things you should know about the CBSE result 2017
- CBSE 2017 students faced multiple delays this year. The CBSE class 12 examinations were delayed due to assembly polls held earlier this year. This was followed by a long wait as the debate over moderation policy took root. The CBSE board along with 32 other boards had earlier decided to do away with the marks moderation policy. However, on May 23, a day ahead of the anticipated results date, the Delhi High Court directed the CBSE to retain its ‘moderation policy’ of giving grace marks to students.
- The HC order triggered another round of speculation as various officials suggested the board could approach the Supreme Court on the matter.
- The delay in CBSE class XII Result 2017 by one of the biggest boards in the country likely also led to a delay on results by other boards like ICSE and UP Board. Pending clarity on moderation policy, even Delhi University hinted it would consider deferring its undergraduate admissions.
- The CBSE board Friday eventually decided against going to the Supreme Court on the moderation policy matter and immediately followed up with an official announcement on the result date.
- The results will be out of CBSE class XII 2017 today on the following websiteswww.results.nic.in,www.cbseresults.nic.in, andwww.cbse.nic.in
- According to an official release, 10,98,891 students appeared for CBSE Class 12 exams this year. Of this, about 6,28,865 students were boys. Also, from 10,678 schools registered last year, 557 more schools were added this year.
- Delhi has the top position for the number of students registered for the CBSE class XII 2017 boards i.e. 2,58,321 while Panchkula has the largest number of exam centres for both Class 10 and Class 12 exams.
Here is how you can check the CBSE class XII 2017 results:
> Log on to official websites – cbseresults.nic.in or cbse.nic.in
> Look for the tab “Senior School Certificate Examinations (Class 12) Results 2017 (All Regions)”
> Enter your roll and school number.
Take a print out for future reference.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will declare the results of the Class 12 Exam 2017 or Senior School Certificate Examinations 2017 (SSCE) on Sunday in the wake of Delhi high court ruling to retain its ‘moderation policy’ of giving grace marks to students for difficult questions.
The CBSE said in a notification that “ the Senior School Certificate Examination (Class XII) 2017 results for All the CBSE regions will be declared on 28.05.2017 (Sunday) in the forenoon.”
The students can access their results through following websites: www.results.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in, www.cbse.nic.in
Earlier, news reports stated that the CBSE could declare the results of Class 12 Exam 2017 or Senior School Certificate Examinations 2017 (SSCE) as early as on Wednesday. The results have already been delayed due to the assembly elections this year.
The court on Monday had termed as “unfair and irresponsible” the CBSE’s decision to scrap its ‘moderation policy’ under which grace marks are given to students in exams for difficult questions and had asked why it cannot be implemented from next year.
The results of Class 10 Exam 2017 are expected to be released on 2 June, according to news reports.
A notification in this regard will be published a day before and students are advised to check the CBSE website regularly.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to check your results:
■ Find and click on “Senior School Certificate Examinations (Class 12) Results 2017 (All Regions)”
■ Enter your roll and school number in the space provided.
■ Take a print out and save downloaded file for future reference.
Nearly 11 lakh students appeared for the CBSE 12th exams this year, while close to 9 lakh students appeared to the 10th exams.